They say time flies when you’re having fun. This month, we say a very Happy Birthday to our friends at Preferred Hotels & Resorts a brand we have come to know and love and one that we at OutThere have a lot in common with. With half a century in luxury hospitality, there is no doubt that they truly believe in travel, as do we – in the way it enriches, educates, and inspires – the way it changes us for the better and provides moments that are personal and priceless; and the way it provides endless opportunities for us to discover something new about the world, and about ourselves.
For 50 years, Preferred Hotels & Resorts has curated the very best independent hotel experiences for discerning travellers. Their portfolio of more than 650 distinctive hotels, resorts, and residences spanning 85 countries connects travellers to new destinations and extraordinary experiences in a world that is more accessible than ever before, and the best is yet to come.
To celebrate 50 golden years with us all, Preferred Hotels & Resorts and its collection of hotels have created special Golden Anniversary offers for fans like us. And 50 is the theme this year, as each participating property will either provide a special 50-minute activity or a £50 credit towards your stay.
We’ll be showcasing a number of these fabulous offers in the coming months, but to start, here are two very special hotels that are part of the celebrations.
Go for gold: A 50-minute welcome massage and a 50-minute Thalasso Therapy (and the best available rate!)
Mykonos is most definitely one of the most OutThere destinations and the Myconian Villa Collection offers romantic vibes and VIP views. There’s no better place for a Greece getaway than these sexy seaside villas, away from the crowds of Mykonos town (yet, close enough for quick trips). This hillside hideaway hangs from the cliffs overlooking the crystal clear waters of the Aegean Sea. Known for attracting everyone from newlyweds to jetsetters and celebrities, this private island escape places you steps from the calm, turquoise waters of Elia Beach and minutes from the famed nightlife and festivals of Mykonos town.
5 OutThere tips to maximise your stay
1. Choose a sleek seaside room or villa that features a private pool, or at very least a balcony overlooking the Aegean Sea
2. Elia Beach is a favourite among OutThere travellers, here you’re just steps from an exclusive section of the complete with loungers and umbrellas, and a saltwater infinity pool.
3. Opt to upgrade your island escape with a private yacht outing or custom meals created by a personal chef
4. Catch a free ride to Mykonos Town for shopping under the sun and partying after dark
5. A must try – the Thalasso spa offers everything from massages to Thalassotherapy and is home to hydrotherapy pools
Go for gold: A 50-minute boat tour of Lake Como (and as always, the best available rate)
We have just returned from the stunning shores of Lake Como at this truly grand hotel, fit for a fairy tale. What’s not to love about unobstructed views of the lake, Bellagio, and the surrounding mountains create a surreal backdrop as you bounce between the floating pool, private beach, and the hotel’s water Rivas. Whether lounging in the private Jacuzzi at your rooftop suite or dining on Italian favourites atop a lakeside terrace, you’ll never want to say Arrivederci to Grand Hotel Tremezzo.
5 OutThere tips to maximise your stay
1. Up the romance factor, pick a room featuring stunning views of Lake Como, Bellagio, and the surrounding Alps
2. To be part of the jet-set, opt for a roof-top suite, the getaway of A-list stars. They come complete with butler service, terraces, and outdoor hot tubs
3. Pack your swimsuit for three pools and a private beach. We’re obsessed with the floating pool on the lake
4. Hit the hammam or enjoy a body scrub at T Spa with exclusive treatments from ESPA. Finish with a dip in the heated infinity pool
5. Hit the wine cellar for some gastro-Italy – intimate tastings or enjoy wood-fired pizzas in the hotel’s lush gardens.
For more, visit www.PreferredHotels.com