Venice, a captivating and magical city which strikes the eye and moves the heart. Our hot tip is to escape the crowds and visit Venice when it’s off-peak – perhaps in Spring or Autumn, when the city empties out. The Metropole Hotel is a spellbinding property – a 16th Century Palazzo located just minutes from St. Marks Square and overlooking one of the city’s most famous lagoons – that is true to this magic and is steeped in rich history. After all, Vivaldi compose ‘The Four Seasons’ here; and Mann wrote the ‘Death in Venice’. The Metropole offers you emotions involving all the senses. Eccentric, warm, eclectic, a place where the décor becomes an emotional experience, where each detail tells a story.
5 OUTTHERE TIPS TO MAXIMISE YOUR STAY
1. Take time to around you, the owner’s own antiques collection is based in this hotel and many of the pieces are priceless and tell fabulous stories.
2. Have a drink at the Oriental Bar, unique to Venice because of its atmosphere, harking back to a time when Venice was a centre for trade of spices.
3. Take part in the tea-rite from October to March each year – tea time becomes a real ceremony here. Try the white Nepalese Himalayan Shangri-La tea.
4. Dine at Met Restaurant, a place devoted to nature and to the changes in seasons. It has a Michelin star!
5. Choose from just 67 stunning suites – we loved the views of the lagoon, but garden view rooms are equally as stunning.