Set in a prestigious address on London’s Hyde Park, Royal Lancaster, London exudes a wow factor perfectly suited to a refined stay in the British capital. Having just undergone an extensive £80 million renovation, the new rooms and suites showcase an effortless blend of mid-century design and contemporary luxury, with spectacular views of the famous London skyline. Yet some of the hotels ageless features has been preserved, its opulent entrance and lobby area and its sweeping, white Carrara marble staircase. This property is all about location, superbly located next to the park and with the shopping frenzy of Knightsbridge and Sloane Street just minutes away, not to mention West London’s museum quarter.
5 OUTTHERE TIPS TO MAXIMISE YOUR STAY
1. Get a taste of Thailand at one of the best Thai restaurants in London, Nipa Thai.
2. What’s a trip to London without at least taking afternoon tea once. And Royal Lancaster’s Signature tea is a must-go, with seasonally-changing menus.
3. Fitness lovers must visit the 24-hour Technogym – then wind down with an in-room treatment after.
4. Dine at either of two award-winning restaurants.
5. Gin and tonic is an art at the hotel’s Hyde Bar. We enjoyed one (okay, maybe two or three) here.
With over 700 hotels spanning 85 countries, Preferred Hotels and Resorts has something for you.
In partnership: Preferred Hotels & Resorts + OutThere